The calculator shows how a selected process property changes over time.
Common Uses #
- See the number of open cases change over time.
- See the number of cancelled invoices change over time.
- See the value of opened invoices over time.
- See the timeliness of shipments change over time.
- Filters: Filter the data that you wish to use in the calculator analysis.
- Date Attribute: Select the attribute that best represents the timestamp of the property you wish to analyse. This timestamp defines how each case will be selected and placed into a time period (e.g.: “Case Start” will select cases based on the date they started and place them into the corresponding time period; “ActivityTime” will select cases based on the start of the activity that is chosen in the next step).
- Activity Name(appears only for ActivityTime): Select the activity you wish to analyse in each case over time.
- Activity Selection Type (appears only for ActivityTime): Choose whether to select the first activity in the case or the last activity in the case.
- Over Time Period:Select the time period (e.g., whether you want to see daily, weekly or monthly values). Number of cases will be counted for each period.
- Max Time Period: Specify the maximum number of periods to use in the calculation (e.g., past 12 months).
- Aggregate Function: Select how to aggregate the data for each time period.
- Value Attribute: Specify the attribute to use for aggregation (e.g.: Item Cost, Item Quantity, etc)
|Aggregate Function||Value Attribute||Description|
|Average||√||Returns the average of the selected attribute in each period.|
|Case Count||×||Returns the number of cases present in each period.|
|Max||√||Returns the maximum value of the selected attribute in each period.|
|Min||√||Returns the minimum value of the selected attribute in each period.|
|Sum||√||Returns the sum of the selected attribute in each period.|
Example 1 #
To analyze the number of started cases in each month, use the following settings:
Example 2 #
To analyze the average item cost in purchase orders created during different months, use the following settings:
1. Grid (default)
2. Line Chart
3. Bar Chart