The filter selects or removes cases based on selected dates or periods.
Common Uses #
- To filter cases that happened last week, last month or last year
- To filter out cases with activities or cases that happened:
- during first/second/third quarter of last year
- during first two weeks of June 2020
- between January and April 2020
- on a specific day
- Start Date Mode: select the starting point. In general, there are 3 options:
- Select a specific date. The filter will select all cases that started on or after that date.
- Select number of days to go back from today’s date. You can select ‘Days’, ‘Weeks’, ‘Months’, ‘Years’ from the drop down and then specify the number in ‘Time Period’ to represent how far back you wish to go. For instance, select ‘Weeks’ and specify ‘3’ in ‘Time Period’. The filter will set the starting point 3 weeks back from today’s date. Keep in mind, the starting point will not be static and everyday will shift by 1 day, since it calculates the starting point based on current date.
- Select ‘Start of a week’, ‘Start of month’ or ‘Start of year’. In ‘Time Period’ you can specify the number of weeks, months, or years to go back. It is similar to the 2nd option, but the filter selects 1st day of the week, month or year.
- Time Period: select the number of periods to go back (or to go in the future).
- Preview: shows the date you selected.
- End Date Mode: select the ending point.
- Time Period: select the number of periods to account for.
- Filter Type: select your case inclusion criteria:
|Active||Cases with any activity in that period|
|Activity||Cases with selected activity value|
|Completed||Cases with completed activities (not necessarily closed cases)|
|Contained||Cases that started and finished|
|Started||Cases that started in the period but might not have finished|
- Remove Selected Cases: Select the check box to discard the filtered cases and not include them in further analysis.
Example 1: Active cases during 2020 #
To find cases that were active during 2020, use the following settings:
The filter selects only active cases and provides a summary of the resulting dataset:
Example 2: Cases with an activity in the last 6 months #
To find all cases with invoices entered in the last 6 months, use the following settings:
The filter selects only cases with a “Enter Invoice” activity that happened on or after our selected starting point and provides a summary of the resulting dataset:
Example 3: Completed cases last week #
To find cases that were completed last week, use the following settings:
The filter selects only completed cases and provides a summary of the resulting dataset: