The filter selects or removes cases with given values of a selected attribute. It filters cases by text, dates, numeric values and more.
Common Uses #
- To select all cases in Europe.
- To select all cases that have a pay activity.
- To select all cases that have one of the 5 specified vendor names.
- To select all cases that have case duration of over 4 days.
- Select cases in which:
- Select the attribute that you want to filter on from the drop down.
- Chose how you wish to filter. Filter options depend on the type of attribute data (ex.: “activity name” is a text thus you can filter on the names of the activities, while “case duration” is a number thus you can filter on number of minutes, hours, days, etc):
|Text||Filter cases that contain, start with or end with specific text values. Or select cases in which your attribute “is” or “is one of” the available values.|
|Numbers (amounts, durations, etc)||Filter cases based on logical operators. For instance, filter out cases that take 60 or more days, filter out invoices that are less than $120, etc.|
|Dates||Filter cases that happened on a specific date or happened within a certain date range. For advanced date filtering, use Time Period filter|
|Boolean||Filter cases that are either true or false. For instance, select cases in which InvoiceCancelled is True.|
- Remove Selected Cases: Select the check box to discard the filtered cases and not include them in further analysis.
Example 1: Text #
Find all cases with a vendor in Nevada.
Example 2: Number #
Find all cases with total purchase order value greater than $1,250.
Example 3: Date #
Find all cases that took longer than 4 months to be fully cleared after being received.
Example 4: Boolean #
Find all cases in which the purchase order was cancelled.